The AIPP is the association that assembles the best professional hairdressing publications in the world
The AIPP (Association Internationale Presse Professionnelle Coiffure) was set up in 1964 by several publishers of professional magazine during the World Championships at Bâle (Switzerland). Its first management meeting elected Otto Schwaar (Journal de l'Union des Maîtres Coiffeurs Suisses) and Pierre Carmes (Le Coiffeur de France), President and General Secretary-Treasurer respectively, who held these positions for twenty-five years. Camille Rubis (La Coiffure de Paris) was elected President in 1990 in Rotterdam. He, along with the Committee, re-organized the AIPP to make it what it is today.
Since October 5th, 1992 at the time of the General Meeting during the World Championships in Tokyo (Japan), the President of AIPP has been Roberto Pissimiglia (Estetica-Italy).
Today the AIPP assembles more than 50 magazines representing the best trade publications addressed to hairdressers throughout the world.
The Steering Direction Committee is now composed by Roberto Pissimiglia (President), Mike Vincent (Executive Vice-President), Maeve O'Healy-Harte and Erkan Guzel (Vice-Presidents) and Sergi Bancells (General Secretary).
- to represent the trade press of the hairdressing industry to institutions and at the public events.
- to promote the image, the value and the importance of the trade professional press.
- to develop relationships with the hairdressing organizations present in each country (in particular with the OMC), producing and distributing reports and photo-reportages on their conventions and competitions.
- to involve and to make the major beauty companies and operators aware of the various activities of the professional press.
- to support the relationships and co-operations among the different publishers.
- to organize the AIPP Awards, confirming the importance of the professional trade press to the hairdressers all over the world.